Close your eyes and imagine bumping along the Old Argyle Road circa 1850. Cross the Wingecarribee River, past Christ Church Bong Bong to the left, up and over the hill and descent into the valley we know today as Moss Vale. White settlers first began farming here thirty years earlier. Fields of waiving wheat, barley and oats grew alongside cattle grazing peacefully in the surrounding paddocks. Within twenty years the scene would change with the genesis of the town that would for many years be the commercial heart of the Southern Highlands. The railway with it’s Victorian era station provided the impetus for growth of the township named after Jemmy Moss an ex -convict servant of Charles Throsby who settled the surrounding land to the east in 1819. Moss Vale today still retains the relaxed feel of a village and is home to almost 9,000 residents who enjoy the many gardens, walks, rural views and wineries that surround the township. Restaurants, cafes and bars now line Argyle Street alongside amazing homeware stores and boutique businesses. A township full of interesting history and community pride that offers a slower paced Southern Highlands lifestyle.